**Just a warning – this is going to be a llloooonggg post. But I hope you enjoy it enough to read it all! :)**
Okay, here’s just how crazy I am. At the moment, I’m FINALLY uploading my wedding pictures (from June 2010) to be developed… I don’t have any printed off. And I’m dead serious. (Have I mentioned I am the queen of procrastination? Because that’s true too.) Not to mention baby pictures. We have a baby? You’d never know by my empty photo frames.
Anyhow. We had a great, crazy, busy weekend. My grandmother’s party was a hit. I survived the 5K run. Mother’s Day has come and gone. All that in 2 days. And it just hasn’t seemed to have slowed down very much. I’ve had time to post, I won’t deny, but I’ve chosen to chillax instead. Right now, I’m really still chillaxing.
I have to share this picture with you. I just stumbled on it in choosing what pictures to get printed (this is a most certainly…).
You see, my brother Caleb got the brilliant idea of a turban for Cael a few months ago. And now I do variations. How do you like Biker-Cael-with-the-Cheesies? I think he’s pretty darn cute, to tell the truth.
So! I thought I’d let you in on the 75th Birthday Bash. The cake turned out pretty good (gave me a huge headache, but worth it… right?). Along with my pan of squares, orange vanilla scones, two batches of shortbread cookies, AND 20 roast beef wraps. I was flying on Saturday. Literally, flying. And slightly scared of crash landing in my mess of an icing-filled kitchen. Mother’s Day, we went out for breakfast, and then we went for ice cream that evening too. 🙂
How do you like my grandmother’s cake?
Doesn’t she look great for 75? If I didn’t know it, I would have guessed 65, seriously.
AND NOW… I’ll share some food with you.
I made and photographed these awhile ago. They are a standard in every household, but I like to believe that these are the BEST of their kind. Give it up for Chococlate Chip Cookies!
*Warning – this makes a big batch. But they go fast, so don’t even worry about it!*
Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is from a family friend. The recipe says that the oatmeal is “optional”, but I would say that it is actually quite MANDATORY. You choose in the end, but I’d advise adding oatmeal over not. 🙂
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup oatmeal (I use almost a cup most of the time)
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix together oil, margarine and sugars. Cream. Add eggs and beat well.
The batter will look something like this:
Doesn’t it make you want to lick the beaters?
Next, add the salt, flour and baking soda, and beat until smooth. Add the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
Bake for about 10 minutes (or until slightly browned). They are awesome RIGHT out of the oven. And almost equally awesome days later.
Please enjoy these on this nice spring Victoria Day LONG WEEKEND! Woot. Do it up.
Now if you would be so kind as to not fall asleep while reading these 30 ‘interesting’ things about me! 🙂
30 Day Challenge
Day 6 – Write 30 interesting facts about yourself.
(This could be hard… But here goes!)
1) I love baking, but never follow a recipe exactly
2) I work best under pressure (ie – ‘Queen of Procrastination’)
3) I took Tourism and Hospitality Management at university
4) I love doing cross words (but usually end up cheating for a word or two)
5) Puzzles are awesome
6) I study best at Starbucks
7) My favourite thing to drink at Starbucks is a Skinny Caramel Macchiato
8) There are three books I have read about 10 times each (and would still re-read) – they are all by Eva Ibbotson
9) I have read through the entire Bible once, and am currently trying to do it again
10) I married my high school sweetheart
11) I am so glad I did
12) I have the cutest little boy in the world, who laughs when he burps or farts (quite a boy, huh?)
13) This summer will be the first time I’ve ever stood in a wedding other than my own
14) I have an addiction to mustard coloured things
15) I love my middle name
16) I love wearing dresses, but I also love jeans – it’s a toss-up
17) I love reasons to dress up
18) I love kissing my hubby
19) I love taking university courses (it makes me feel successful)
20) I haven’t weighed myself since the day before I gave birth to my son
21) I own a TON of Coke Cola memorabilia, but rarely drink the beverage
22) I no longer have an appendix
23) I was born with a cleft palate in my soft palate
24) I have had the same group of 4 friends since grade 5
25) I love to drive. Like, I REALLY love to drive.
26) Road trips are my dream vacation (well, other than touring France, England, and Italy)
27) One of my favourite foods are Ribbits (Which are really bad for you, and you’ve probably never heard of them, but you should really try to find them, BBQ them, and eat them.)
28) I love superhero movies
29) Ice cream is one of many of my all-time favourites
30) I am a firm believer in the death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He is my Saviour.
There you have it guys. You should know me a lot better now. If I’m ever sad, or grumpy, buy me some ice cream or a Skinny Caramel Macchiato, and I’m good to go.
What do you think? What did you find ‘interesting’? Whatcha doin’ for the long weekend?